SAT Math Overview
As you prepare for the math portion of the SAT, make sure you review these key topics:
- Linear Functions and Equations
- Quadratic Functions and Equations
- Linear Systems
- Ratios, Proportions, Percents
- Solving Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Rational Expressions
- Exponential Expressions
- Equivalent Expressions
- Interpreting Data and Graphs
- Parallel/Perpendicular Lines
- Measures of Central Tendency
Most of the SAT math questions will include one or more of these topics. Here you’ll find Media4Math resources you can freely use to help you review these key math skills. Click on a topic on the left-hand menu, where you’ll find detailed examples and discussion of each of these topics. Keep coming back as we build out this menu.
If you’re looking for lessons that cover some of these topics, check out our Classroom Modules.
Media4Math's mission is to educate 21st-century students in real-world applications of math with digital technology. We bring math to life in your classroom with a rich blend of resources to inspire your students to learn. Our philosophy is that the procedural side of math is a prerequisite to using it, but we also find that real-world math applications can provide motivation and even inspiration for math students. Math is its own language and it has important stories to tell.
About Media4Math Library
Media4Math Library contains over 15,000 high-quality resources designed for classroom or home use. This includes instructional, remediation, and assessment resources. You'll find truly innovative resources that bring math to life. Resources in Media4Math Library include:
- Math Clip Art
- Math Examples
- PowerPoint and Google Slide presentations
- GoogleEarth Voyager Stories
- Algebra Applications
- Geometry Explorations
- Quizlet Flash Cards
- Desmos Resources
- Texas Instrument Resources
- Games and Simulations
About Media4Math Classroom
Media4Math Classroom provides ready-to-use interactive math lessons that teach, assess, and provide real-world applications of topics in Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Geometry. Assign these modules to your students and capture assessment scores in an easy-to-use Dashboard. This is a growing library of instructional modules. Topics include:
- SAT Math Prep
Media4Math Classroom modules provide real world applications of math that will motivate your students. Here are some examples:
- Construction Site Math. Apply ratios and proportions to mixtures of cement and concrete. This module includes video resources and your students will get a real-world application of ratios and proportions.
- Counting Bison. Apply place value concepts to the real-world application of the bison population. Because the bison population has gone through dramatic changes in population, this become an opportunity to use and apply place value.
- Wildlife Refuge. This study of area and perimeter centers on the mustang population in the Nevada area. Students explore the relationship between area and perimeter of rectangular shapes in the context of designing a wildlife refuge.
The Media4Math Bundle
A subscription to the Media4Math bundle gives teachers access to all the resources and, depending on the package, can support a classroom or more of students. To learn more about our subscription packages, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.