SAT Math Prep—Quadratic Functions and Equations
Media4Math Classroom's SAT Math Prep series provide a thorough review of key math topics covered on the SAT. These modules review the key skills that are tested on the SAT with a two-pronged approach:
- Review the basics of the math skills required.
- Develop an understanding of the types of questions that are likely to occur on the SAT around these skills.
In this module there is a complete review of the topic of quadratic functions and equations. This module covers four key areas:
- Definition of a quadratic function
- Definition of a quadratic equation
- Solving quadratic equations algebraically
- Solving quadratic functions graphically
Students are given ample opportunities to review and test their understanding of the basics of these areas, before moving on to the more rigorous types of questions they can expect to see on the SAT.
Make sure your students are familiar with these four topics. While there is plenty of opportunity for concept review, the key to succeeding on the SAT math section is to recognize that questions require a good grasp of the concepts.
- Problem Solving
- Define quadratic functions and equations
- Solve quadratic equations by completing the square
- Solve quadratic equations by factoring
- Solve quadratic equations by using the quadratic formula
- Solve quadratic equations by graphing
- Familiarity with functions
- Solving equations
- Identifying numerical factors
- Graphing functions
|Common Core Standards
|9th - 12th Grade