SAT Math Prep--Functions
Media4Math Classroom has developed a series of instructional modules for reviewing SAT math topics in detail. These modules review the key skills that are tested on the SAT with a two-pronged approach:
- Review the basics of the math skills required.
- Develop an understanding of the types of questions that are likely to occur on the SAT around these skills.
In this module there is a thorough review of the topic of functions. This module covers five key areas:
- Definition of a function
- Evaluating a function
- The structure of linear functions
- The structure of quadratic functions
- Composite functions
Students are given ample opportunities to review and test their understanding of the basics of these areas, before moving on to the more rigorous types of questions they can expect to see on the test.
Make sure your students are familiar with these five topics. While there is plenty of opportunity for concept review, the key to succeeding on the SAT math section is to recognize that questions require a good grasp of the concepts.
- Define a function
- Use function notation
- Write linear functions in slope-intercept form
- Write quadratic functions in standard form
- Evaluate functions
- Graph functions
- Define composite functions
|Lesson Duration||120 mins|
|Grade Range||9th - 11th Grade|