SAT Math Prep--Complex Numbers
Media4Math Classroom's SAT Math Prep series provide a thorough review of key math topics covered on the SAT. These modules review the key skills that are tested on the SAT with a two-pronged approach:
- Review the basics of the math skills required.
- Develop an understanding of the types of questions that are likely to occur on the SAT around these skills.
In this module there is a complete review of the topic of complex numbers. This module covers six key areas:
- Definition of an imaginary number
- Definition of a complex number
- Calculating the modulus of a complex number
- Adding and subtracting complex numbers
- Multiplying and dividing complex numbers
- Complex roots of quadratic equations
Students are given ample opportunities to review and test their understanding of the basics of these areas, before moving on to the more rigorous types of questions they can expect to see on the SAT.
Make sure your students are familiar with these six topics. While there is plenty of opportunity for concept review, the key to succeeding on the SAT math section is to recognize that questions require a good grasp of the concepts.
- Graphing Numbers
- Number Concepts
- Define complex numbers
- Perform operations on complex numbers
- Calculate the modulus of a complex numbers
- Find the complex roots of quadratic equations
- Familiarity with coordinates and coordinate systems
- Familiarity with the Distance Formula
- Familiarity with quadratic equations and their solutions
|Lesson Duration||120 mins|
|Grade Range||9th - 12th Grade|