Halloween Math Activities
Turn the Halloween season into an opportunity to do some math activities! In this module, you'll find a clever collection of arithmetic, algebra, and geometry activities.
- Geometry activity: Watch a video about how spiders build webs and analyze the result geometrically. Students build polygon-based web designs in this hands-on activity.
- Algebra activity: Going to the pumpkin patch? Use different sized pumpkins on this data-gathering activity, where students measure diameters and circumferences and graph the results.
- Arithmetic activity: Two addictive divisibility games based on whack-a-mole.
- Graphing Numbers
- Number Concepts
- Geometric Constructions
- Using polygons to construct shapes
- Gathering and analyzing data
- Analyzing linear function data and graphs
- Understanding of basic polygon shapes
- Understanding of diameter and circumference of a circle
- Understanding of basic divisibility rules
|Common Core Standards||CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.G.A.3, CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.7.G.B.4, CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.8.F.A.3|
|Lesson Duration||20 mins|
|Grade Range||6th - 8th Grade|