Comparing and Ordering Fractions
In this module students learn how to compare and order fractions. All examples shown involve fractions less than 1. Various strategies for comparing and ordering fractions are covered.
Specifically, students will learn the following strategies for comparing and ordering fractions:
- Comparing fractions to a benchmark fraction
- Graphing fractions on a number line and determining relative size and order based on their location on the number line
- Generating equivalent fractions to compare fractions with a common denominator
This module includes tutorials, multiple choice assessments, and an interactive drag-and-drop activity.
- Graphing Numbers
- Number Concepts
- Compare fractions using various strategies
- Order fractions using various strategies
- Can generate equivalent fractions
- Knows how to use inequality symbols
|Common Core Standards||CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.NF.A.3.D, CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.4.NF.A.2|
|Lesson Duration||30 mins|
|Grade Range||3rd - 5th Grade|